Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

No Working Allowed ... It's Labor Day

Let me warn you ... this post has nothing to do with writing, authoring, marketing, or self-publishing. Why? Because one of my favorite non-family, non-holiday holidays is coming up: Labor Day. Ahhh, the thoughts of relaxing in the backyard with a plate of barbecued chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob, and potato salad while celebrating the last "official" weekend of summer. It's the day we look forward to doing a whole lot of nothing; the day we commemorate the labor movement in America by taking a break from the one thing we all complain about – WORK!

This Labor Day you might hear a different song from your friends, neighbors, and relatives. Those who have been out of work for some time due to the down economy will likely complain about not having a job, while those with a job will complain about "d>w/<" (doing more work with less), and then there are those who couldn't care less one way or the other.

Honestly, though, I'm looking forward to taking a labor break. My plan is to do no work on Labor Day – no writing, no proofing, no planning, no nothing. Now, if you know me, you realize this is a challenge, but I'm up to it. After all, I'm dog tired at this writing, and I just need a good old fashioned break. So I'm going to take one on Labor Day. That's right. On Monday, September 5th I'm going to do no work! I swear. Okay, that's my plan, anyway. You'll have to check back here on Sept. 7th to find out what really happened.

BTW, what are your plans for Labor Day?


2 comments:

  1. Good for you. We all should recharge our batteries from time to time. We're off to the beach.

    ReplyDelete