Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Three of My Favorite Words


I am truly a wordsmith. I love the way words come together to form sentences, paragraphs, and of course books. A young man recently told me that I'm not a wordSMITH, I'm a wordLOCK! That got me laughing and thinking about some of the words I love … or at least the words I love that work well together for authors.

Here, I'll share three of my favorite words. You hear this phrase all the time when you watch interviews with authors, or when you hear authors share their concepts and ideas in a presentation. Three words that they almost always use are: "In my book … "




I love it when authors are able to relate and correlate the content that they're discussing -- either in a live presentation or in an interview -- with the content in their book. That is a practice you have to work at. It's not something that comes naturally, but it is a very important aspect of marketing your book. When you are on the radio or on television doing an interview, or even when you're talking about your book with a print reporter, and especially when you're doing a live presentation, you always want to say several times, "In my book … "

"In my book I cover this concept … "

"In my book I mention this … "

"In my book this is what happens … "

This is how you bring audiences back to the fact that you are a published author and that you do have a published book on a particular subject.
So keep these three words in mind: "In my book … " They're so simple. It almost seems like a no-brainer and that it will come naturally to say these words. But it is something that you will have to practice as you do interviews and live presentations.

What are your thoughts about saying, "In my book … " when you give interviews or presentations?
________________________

Anita Paul, known as The Author's Midwife, coaches aspiring authors to write a phenomenal book and helps current authors use their existing books to leverage their business. She is the author of the-book Write Your Life: Create Your Ideal Life and The Book You've Been Wanting to Write, and is the creator of the Write Your Life program, through which she has created a dynamic system to Write Your Book in 90 Days or Less. She has owned The Write Image for 15 years, and has had her freelance articles featured in over 25 publications in the U.S. and Canada. Anita is also the host of "Book Your Success".
Anita Paul Facebook
Write Your Life Coaching Program Facebook
Twitter: @AnitaRPaul
LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment